Washington No Modern Asylum (WaNMA) is a coalition of Neurodiversity activists/self-advocates, Mad Pride activists, de-institutionalization activists/self-advocates, and prison abolitionists. We organize to abolish institutions, prisons, and the police state. Our current campaigns include:
- Stop the plans to expand institutions in Washington, including Governor Inslee’s plan to build nine new psychiatric institutions over the next few years.
- Stop plans by guardians of adults with developmental disabilities to make it easier to forcefully sterilize those under guardianship. This is the “stop eugenics campaign.”
- End Facebook’s plan to call cops on people their AI system detects as suicidal.
- Support prison abolition campaigns, including the No New Youth Jail campaign/coalition.
- Directly support people with disabilities in their fights against being institutionalized.
[image above: black text on a pink background reading “communities not cages. abolish prisons and institutions.” end description]